|ROLE||Account Manager – Maternity Cover|
|REPORTS TO||Account Director|
|PURPOSE OF THE ROLE||To drive revenue growth through deepening clients relationships, delivering extraordinary client service at all stages of the client journey and delivering extraordinary engagements|
|SALARY BAND||Band 2 plus uncapped OTE sales based commission (optional)|
|WORKING DAYS||3-5 days per week. 12 month contract with potential to permanent|
PCA is an award-winning global leader in B2B experiential learning, specialising in developing Human-centred leadership capabilities across all levels, sectors and geographies.
- We are eight times the size we were in 2015
- Quarter on quarter we grew for 12 straight quarters, January 2017 to January 2020
- Delivered in six continents, 40 plus countries and 100 plus cities
- 100k learners
- 150 experiential earning specialists with commercial experience based in 15 countries
- 70+ products and experiences
- Clients have 97% retention rate (retained for 2 years or more)
- 150+ clients worked with across 16 sectors
- Worked with nine out of 10 leading global law firms, as well as some of the leading household names within FTSE 100 / Fortune 500 multinationals
- Custom Design House with Design Methodology
- Bespoke London offices including studio with full digital capabilities
- Winner of five training provider awards
PCA believes human connection is the multiplier of confidence and our experiences empower individual learners to act with purpose, and to gain the courage to create a relational and inclusive world, with humanity at its core.
As we relentlessly work towards realising our mission, PCA’s core values underpin how we conduct ourselves as we move forwards on our journey:
- Human First – put people first, assume positive intent and put others first
- Dare to Lead – have the courage to be the first to do things differently, seek out diversity of thought and share mistakes with all
- Continuously Grow – always learn, empower others to do the same and actively seek/give feedback in a ‘Human First’ way
- Own It – own the impact we have on others, look for solutions before pointing out challenges and take personal ownership for our role and beyond
To achieve our mission we have been inspired by a marriage of an inside-out purpose driven vision, coupled with outside-in commercial goal setting – centred around providing blended learning solutions for Leadership at all levels, and focussing squarely on Human-centred products, PCA have an ambitious and exciting five year growth plan, made up of rapid organic growth, an eventual expansion from B2B into the B2C market and a hugely ambitious M&A model.
PCA has an ambitious and exciting growth strategy that will help us in our mission to create a world with humanity its core. Central to this strategy is our focus on winning profitable client work and generating revenues, which will enable us to grow towards our goal.
About the Role
At the very heart of this strategy is our Account Manager. It is the guardian of our extraordinary client service, at all stages of the client journey, which is founded on PCA’s values of Human First, Dare to Lead, Continuously Grow and Own it – all of which define this critical role.
The Account Manager is the ‘red thread’ throughout the entire client and faculty experience, owning the client relationship, the engagement development, management and delivery (with administrative support) and all PCA stakeholder relationships, from start to finish.
The role is all about deepening relationships with existing clients, creating new revenue opportunities and getting them across the line in order to meet our revenue targets.
Once the engagement is across the line then the role is all about working effectively with all relevant stakeholders to deliver extraordinary engagements.
The Account Manager will support Client Directors by managing critical engagements with our key clients, and will report into the Account Director who is responsible for managing the team, under the oversight of the Head of Revenues.
- Ensuring the delivery of extraordinary client service at all stages of the Job Cycle
- Achieving client revenue targets agreed with the Head of Revenues
- Meeting critical KPIs around client engagement, in particular, net promoter score
- Building and deepening trusted relationships with clients quickly
- Developing an intimate understanding of clients’ culture, people, business and sector
- Developing a deep understanding of PCA products in order to position them with clients
- Developing a point of view with regards to clients’ learning and development needs
- Own client engagements throughout the entire Job Cycle and ensure use of milestones
- Create pre/proposals articulating PCA’s value proposition, using PCA templates
- Progressing leads and getting them across the line
- Running effective kick-off meetings with relevant PCA stakeholders
- Working closely with the Products Team to offer / deliver extraordinary learning solutions
- Being the day-to-day point of contact for the client and faculty
- Ensuring the highest of levels of responsiveness to our clients
- Using all PCA IT systems effectively and keeping all data records up to date
- Developing their pricing knowledge so they can lead pricing conversations with clients
- Providing regular information to the Head of Revenues, including reporting on revenues targets and performance
What capabilities and experience will a successful candidate have?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships, uncovering and converting new revenue generating opportunities
- Deep understanding of individual and organisational L&D requirements and needs
- Knowledge and experience of L&D training products, techniques and programmes
- Excellent organisational and project management skills and are comfortable owning engagements from start to finish
- Experience of selling and / or project managing a broad portfolio of client engagements
- Possibly, experience with client relationship management (CRM) software and account / project management systems
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience of account management / relationship management experience, consulting with clients around their needs; winning the project; and managing the delivery of the project.
Example Personal KPIs
- Financial: Revenue growth on existing clients; % gross margin on any engagement using the Pricing Tool
- People: Personal 360 rating, activities (business development and client relationship management with existing clients, and use of milestones on engagements)
Clients: Net promoter score; repeat / recurring client work