|REPORTS TO||Group Board|
|MANAGES||Leadership Team: Business Support Executive, Head of Products, Head of Operations, Head of Revenues, Consultant Marketing Director, Consultant Financial Director|
|PURPOSE OF THE ROLE||To drive the organic growth of the business in line with our strategic plan, mission statement and core values|
|SALARY BAND||Band 5 plus capital growth opportunity (equity)|
|WORKING DAYS||4-5 days per week|
PCA is an award-winning global leader in B2B experiential learning, specialising in developing Human-centred leadership capabilities across all levels, sectors and geographies.
- We are eight times the size we were in 2015
- Quarter on quarter we grew for 12 straight quarters, January 2017 to January 2020
- Delivered in six continents, 40 plus countries and 100 plus cities
- 100k learners
- 150 experiential earning specialists with commercial experience based in 15 countries
- 70+ products and experiences
- Clients have 97% retention rate (retained for 2 years or more)
- 150+ clients worked with across 16 sectors
- Worked with nine out of 10 leading global law firms, as well as some of the leading household names within FTSE 100 / Fortune 500 multinationals
- Custom Design House with Design Methodology
- Bespoke London offices including studio with full digital capabilities
- Winner of five training provider awards
PCA believes human connection is the multiplier of confidence and our experiences empower individual learners to act with purpose, and to gain the courage to create a relational and inclusive world, with humanity at its core.
As we relentlessly work towards realising our mission, PCA’s core values underpin how we conduct ourselves as we move forwards on our journey:
- Human First – put people first, assume positive intent and put others first
- Dare to Lead – have the courage to be the first to do things differently, seek out diversity of thought and share mistakes with all
- Continuously Grow – always learn, empower others to do the same and actively seek/give feedback in a ‘Human First’ way
- Own It – own the impact we have on others, look for solutions before pointing out challenges and take personal ownership for our role and beyond
To achieve our mission we have been inspired by a marriage of an inside-out purpose driven vision, coupled with outside-in commercial goal setting – centred around providing blended learning solutions for Leadership at all levels, and focussing squarely on Human-centred products, PCA have an ambitious and exciting five year growth plan, made up of rapid organic growth, an eventual expansion from B2B into the B2C market and a hugely ambitious M&A model.
About the Role
For the first time in our evolution, we are now looking for an extraordinary Managing Director to drive the business to the next level and beyond.
The role will be given full ownership of all day to day leadership of the business and will leverage the Leadership Team’s capabilities to achieve the organic growth element of our 5 year strategy.
This seminal moment for the business gives the Managing Director the opportunity to originate the role within PCA and to lead a hugely talented group of people to new heights.
The role will require moments of helicoptering in and out, as the MD will oversee the successful achievement of KPIs across the three core functions – Revenues, Operations and Products.
The role will be central to transforming PCA from adolescence to adulthood and they will be responsible for building the central pillar at the heart of an exciting new best in class House of Brands (HoB) – PCA is the founding member of this HoB and its success will help define the group.
For the right person this is a unique opportunity to harness an entrepreneurial mindset with an operational skillset and to help shape the next incredible chapter in an already extraordinary story.
There will be no limits to what this role can become or achieve.
- Monthly updates to the Group Board to update them on progress against KPIs
- Leading all aspects of the business – all internal and external facing functions
- Leveraging the ‘Heads of’ to empower their teams to create extraordinary results
- Embodying our core values day to day and upholding them throughout the business
- Ensuring we attract, retain and empower extraordinary people and extraordinary clients
- Creating and maintaining a high performing culture, underpinned by a human first approach
- Helping the Group Board to understand where we need to shift our strategic approach
- Ensuring PCA achieves organic growth targets within the margins needed for sustainability
- Ensuring everything we do is aligned with the realisation of our mission statement
- Inspiring confidence and growth both inside and outside of the business
What capabilities and experience will a successful candidate have?
- Experience of reporting into Board level stakeholders re budgets/revenues of £5m+
- Experience of successfully leading a B2B business or function of at least 25 people
- Demonstratable track record of empowering teams to achieve extraordinary results
- Capability to role model human-centred leadership behaviours and values
- Experience of running a client facing function with quantifiably high NPS/equivalent metric
- Capability to inspire, motivate and develop high performing talent
- Demonstrable experience of successful stakeholder management and strategic thinking
- An evidenced track record of achieving both top line and bottom line growth objectives
- A capability to align a purpose lead organisation with commercial sustainability
- The growth mindset, personal impact, empathy and communication skills needed to inspire
Example Personal KPIs
- Financial: Revenue growth, gross margin, net margin
- People: Personal 360 rating, annual team happiness survey, team retention rates
- Clients: NPS, repeat client ratio, new clients won